Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Metlife Declined Underwriting Home Insurance Policy In Silicon Valley

Today I called Metlife Auto & Home Insurance to get a quote for home insurance. They declined to underwrite my home insurance policy due to Silicon Valley being in an earthquake zone. I was interested in a quote since my employer has a relationship with them that could've resulted in some savings. "Your employer may offer payroll deduction as a payment option for you. Your premium payments will be automatically deducted from your paychecks in small, more affordable amounts. There are no down payments in most cases, and no installment fees. Plus, you may save 10% just for participating. Other payment options are available." For anyone else in Silicon Valley, save your time and skip Metlife for home insurance. I had to waste time giving them a call as they did not have an online quote tool. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment