Tuesday, September 20, 2016

eyebuydirect glasses broke, any warranty?

My glasses from eyebuydirect broke today after 8 months of use. One of the nose pieces fell off by itself. Upon closer examination, I noticed the material attaching the nose piece to the glasses was made entirely of plastic. I took a look at my conventional glasses purchased in store and saw the nose pieces were held on by metal.


So it seems there may be a difference in sturdiness of online vs store bought glasses. However, the price was $200 out of pocket in-store vs $15 out-of-pocket online. Without insurance, it probably would have been $500 vs $100.

I talked to eyebuydirect through their online chat to see if the glasses could be replaced. As it was within 12 months from my date of purchase, they agreed to replace them for the cost of shipping ($5.95). Unfortunately, my original frames were out of stock but I was given the option of choosing other frames and paying any overage. Three details to note:

1) Coupons do NOT apply for replacement orders
2) Sale prices DO apply for replacement orders.
3) A replacement order can be placed online via chat, email, or through the phone.

I will be waiting for a sale on frames and then placing my replacement order.

No comments:

Post a Comment