Saturday, June 23, 2018

myprepaidcenter.com Debit/Gift card Expiration Fix

Last year, I received rebates in the form of prepaid debit cards from myprepaidcenter.com . This was for a purchase from America's Tire/Discount Tire.

Last week, I discovered one of the $100 debit cards had already expired in March 2018. Uhoh. I called the number listed on the card and explained my situation. The representative claimed they were expired and nothing could be done. I researched online and it seemed like they were right. Different types of gift cards/debit cards have different rules. This specific type seemingly had no protection.

I didn't want to take no for an answer and asked to escalate to their supervisor. I again explained the situation and the supervisor again said unfortunately it was already expired. I asked for an exception. This is when the supervisor agreed to look into it, and they were willing to grant me a one-time exception. They did charge a $25 fee to send out a new card. I accepted it as $75 is better than $0.

Looking back, I probably could have asked for the fee to be lower. I also realized both agents tried to get me to give up by saying the funds were expired and waiting for me to say something or hang up. They did not offer the exception. You have to ask for it. Remember, it doesn't hurt to ask! The number I called was 1-877-610-1075. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment